Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Tottenham host London rivals Chelsea on Thursday night, as they Europe-chasing pair battle it out to complete a full round of midweek fixtures.
The pair are locked on 33 points as their imperfect form keeps them on the brink of the top six of the EPL, albeit with the hosts having a game in hand.
It’s also a contest between Jose Mourinho and yet another man to follow him in the Stamford Bridge dugout, this time Thomas Tuchel as he finds his feet in west London.
The intriguing German collected his first win in English football on Sunday, as his Blues breezed past the challenge of Burnley to follow up last week’s drab draw with Wolves.
Tuchel is blessed with a clean bill of health in his squad, with N’Golo Kante expected to remain on the bench for now despite his successful matchday return in midweek.
Olivier Giroud and Ben Chilwell are also among those pushing for returns to the starting side.
Tottenham’s top four tilt has taken a hit thanks to back-to-back defeats.
First Liverpool came away from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium with a 3-1 victory, before Brighton snatched victory from the Londoners at the Amex Stadium last weekend.
It has curtailed an otherwise promising spell, which had seen Mourinho’s men threatening to mount a challenge at the very top.
Harry Kane leaves a huge hole up front for the hosts thanks to his double ankle problem, while Tanguy Ndombele limped off at Brighton and is a doubt here.
Sergio Reguilon, Giovani lo Celso and Dele Alli are all ruled out by injury.
Tottenham vs Chelsea: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Tottenham Hotspur has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Tottenham Hotspur has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Chelsea’s defence will have to be at their best today if they’re to stop Tottenham Hotspur from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 3 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- It’s possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 9 games for Tottenham Hotspur ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Tottenham Hotspur will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Chelsea, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Tottenham Hotspur, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 11 matches (58% of all matches) involving Tottenham Hotspur has seen BTTS landing.
- It’s likely that Tottenham Hotspur will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 9 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Chelsea has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Chelsea have put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Chelsea has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 5 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 9 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Chelsea recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Chelsea has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 9/21 games for Chelsea this season.
Stats source: footystats.org
Tottenham vs Chelsea: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Tottenham vs Chelsea: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Tottenham Starting XI: Hugo Lloris, Toby Alderweireld, Eric Dier, Joe Rodon, Matt Doherty, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Harry Winks, Ben Davies, Erik Lamela, Carlos Vinicius, Son Heung-min.
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva, Antonio Rudiger, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Ben Chilwell, Mason Mount, Timo Werner, Olivier Giroud.