Despite some concerns that it would wreak havoc, The Sims 4 September 2021 patch that added nails to the base game and included an overhaul of the Spa Day game pack left mods and custom content largely unscathed.
Some players have reported some issues with mods that make changes to the game’s User Interface (UI). The UI Cheats Extension by weerbesu has already been updated, and you should grab the latest version if you have not done so already.
MC Command Center was reported as working fine and we have not experienced any issues while testing it n our game.
Some of the most widely used Sims 4 mods like TOOL, Clean UI and Better Build Buy, all created by TwistedMexi, have been impacted in some cases with the latter the most severely affected.
TwistedMexi confirmed that he was aware on of the issues with his mods and that a fix in the works. Fixes for the TOOL mod and Clean UI are expected to be released on Thursday.
However, Better Build Buy requires more extensive fixes following the latest Sims 4 update, but the creator was hopeful of an update being ready either later on Thursday or Friday.
Sims 4 Mods updated after the September 2021 patch
Other mods that weren’t working as expected, but which have already been reported as updated, are listed below – as found on the official Sims forums and maintained by luthienrising, as usual.
- 25 Vacation Days (School Mod) (MSQSims)
- All Freelancer Careers For Teens (MSQSims)
- All Traits In Reward Store (Chingyu)
- Apartment neighbor problem prevention mod (Halapeco)
- Bikes For Children (MSQSims)
- Choose Your Own (TwelfthDoctor1)
- Custom Traits in Club Filter (Chingyu)
- Developer Access Panel (TwelfthDoctor1) – reupdate
- Meaningful Stories (roBurky)
- More CAS Traits Mod (Chingyu)
- More Columns in CAS (weerbesu)
- No Auto Brew Tea/Coffee (Eunola)
- No Auto Cooking (Eunola)
- No Autonomous Compute (MSQSims)
- Pastry Lover Trait (Caradriel) – not patch related
- Pizza Preferences (Kuttoe)
- Sims4 Tattoos Unlocked for Children and Toddlers (Gauntlet101010)
- UI Cheats Extension (weerbesu)
- Uncomfortable Do More (Chingyu)
- Unlocked CAS Parts (Fogity)
- Unlock Rewards (TwelfthDoctor1)
- Walk Normally (Chingyu) – EmotionalWalks
- Several mods by LittleMsSam
Please note that this list above is by no means comprehensive and even if you have updated the content, you might still find issues with mods and custom content in your game.
If you notice any issues with loading The Sims 4 after an update, you should check directly with the creators of the mods and custom content you use to see if they have released any updates or if they are aware of any issues.
There might also be situations where issues relate to a conflict between mods themselves, even if you have updated to the most recent versions. For issues that cannot be pinpointed with the usual troubleshooting, it is best to follow the support channels provided by the modders themselves.