It’s been a while, but there is a new update for The Sims 4 base game rolling out on Tuesday. As is usually the case, the update is expected to go live at 19:00 SAST (10:00 Pacific Time). Another Inside Maxis live stream will follow at 20:00 SAST (11:00 PT) with Sim Gurus going through the patch and previewing what’s coming to the game.
But if you are hoping for any announcements about upcoming packs on that stream, that’s not going to happen. Sim Guru Frost, global community manager for The Sims, said on Twitter that Inside Maxis won’t be used as “a platform for announcing paid DLC”, adding: “I want to make sure we’re keeping our expectations in check”.
So the one burning question many players will still have is what the next Sims 4 pack is going to be. There have been a few suggestions that it might be Werewolves – and everyone will be looking out for clues in the April update and patch notes since Inside Maxis won’t reveal anything and The Sims 4 is unlikely to release a roadmap for the year ahead.
As always, we’ll be keeping a close eye on the update and the patch notes and will share the full details here as soon as they land and update this paragraph accordingly. The patch is live for console and PC now (19:02 SAST) and is just over 300MB in size.
Despite some suggestions that body hair might finally be coming to The Sims 4, the patch was largely focussed on bug fixes. Two new hairstyles were also added for the base game, but that’s pretty much it and you can find the patch notes below.
Official patch notes for The Sims 4 base game update on 2021 April
The official patch notes for the latest Sims 4 update will appear below as soon as they are available and are taken verbatim from the official Sims site. The only edits are for style and brevity.
Today we bring you a small but neat update, we hope you all enjoy it!
We also hope you are all well wherever you are in the World, and thanks again for all your continued support and feedback.
Chaucitos – Dag Dag!
In Create A Sim, we have updated two hairstyles and have converted them to be used with Children and Toddler Sims as well.
First, we have the beautiful pfHair_EF30TightCurls, cfHair_EF30TightCurls, and yfHair_EF30TightCurls as pictured below, including how it would look like if worn on a Male Frame pictured as ymHair_EF30TightCurls.
Then we have pictured below, including how it would look like if worn on a Female Frame pictured as yfHair_ShortTextured.
This author would like to apologize for her terrible photoshop skills in putting these together side by side. Very sorry… much photoshop! Getting better!
Now onto the fixes…
- Fixed an issue in which in the Gallery Preview pop-ups, Build Mode objects will now appear properly under the “Show Used Items” panel. Accuracy is the best policy… in this case.
- We made some edits to some Career and School-related tooltips so they are consistent and clearer for Simmers.
- The book cradleObject_GENBook is no longer visible to Simmers, it wasn’t meant to be… it wasn’t a pretty book. We didn’t like doing it!
- Some DEBUG pie menu options including some from Discover University and Snowy Escape were translated. We didn’t translate these, well since ever… as they were DEBUG and only accessible with a specific cheat, but we are working on them as we go now. Thanks for your reports and patience!
- We discovered that Sims were becoming uncomfortable when Gathering Water… we didn’t really understand why, so we decided to have them not be uncomfortable. Let them feel how they want to feel, I say.
- Ghost Sims will now appear as Ghosts in CAS. There were moments that they made us take a second look there, but nope, they are Ghosts and Ghosts they shall display as. I think I saw this as a plot for a movie… Ghosts… a machine, a dance… ANYWAY.
- As always this editor and the Localization team made some adjustments and perfected some of the text in-game across all packs and previous updates. #getit
- Social Panel will no longer default to the incorrect tab. What tab was I on? Now I will always know.
- Vegetarian Sims will no longer mistakenly eat non-vegetarian leftovers from the refrigerator. Not funny guys!
- Fixed an issue that didn’t let the DigiRAD Keyboard make a sound when choosing Keyboard Auto Play.
Cats and Dogs
- Listen, I think every species – well everyone, has the right to find love. But we did have to fix an issue with Female Cats going into Heat despite being Spayed. Even so, I hope my lovely Spayed Female Felines will still find love out there.
- Oh the rain, such a poetic moment from nature. Sitting cosied up with a blanket and a cup of coffee watching the world go by with the melodious sound of the raindrops falling lightly on the ground… wait… is that a Sim showering outside? Yes indeed! Showering in the Rain is possible in Light Rain conditions.
- Similarly, Shower in the Rain has been fixed for Simmers who have installed Eco Lifestyle, making the most of every resource available!
- All soaps used are biodegradable – we promise!
- Fish Dinner will now be counted for completing Grand Meal Holiday Events.
- Create A Sim asset yfBody_EP10CoatDenim will no longer create an issue with all knee-high boots. Though those boots were made for walking, the dress needs to look fabulous too. My opinion, allegedly.
- Child Sims will no longer get the Unblessed sentiment after getting Blessed at the Youth Festival. Children should only get the Unblessed sentiment if they ask Yamachan about a Voidcritter Hunt and also avoid getting the Blessing of Youth from an Adult Sim as well. #Blessed
- Extreme Sports enthusiasts will now be able to complete High-Intensity Skiing or Snowboarding on Intermediate or Expert Slopes. Good luck!
- Recipes from this pack will now appear when unlocking Gourmet Cooking Skill Levels. Particularly Levels 3 and 5. Yum.
- Sims will no longer freeze when performing interactions from a computer in Mt. Komorebi, specifically 2-4-2 Wakabamori. I think I saw this in a movie once… but… had a less “happy ending.
- Fixed an issue in which the icon for the trait Mental Magister appeared to be a Placeholder icon. Or was it?
- Progressing in the Law Career will now unlock Promotions appropriately. Keep up the good work!
- Fixed an issue in which the icon for the Making with a Mentor Moodlet was not showing the correct icon.
- Eco Lifestyle-specific Traits are now added to the Clubs choices if Simmers have Get Together installed.
- Collecting Beetle Nuggets will now be possible when Beetles are ready. Bon Appetit.
- Veggie Dogs and Hot Dogs will be able to be roasted in Campfires once again. Iconic.
- Is your Vampire Sim tired of drinking the same old regular Plasma? Are they drinking it to the point that they can no longer tell if it is Plasma anymore? Ugh, such a hard diet, right? I can relate…ahem… Vampire Sims will now enjoy a more varied diet of Fish, Frog, and yes… Regular Plasma when left to their own devices.
- Tiny Homes will no longer magically get clean and have Dust Bunnies disappear (if Simmers own Bust the Dust) when Sims travel or Simmers reload the game. Man, I wish my apartment would magically get clean like that though.
- Fixed an issue in which the expiration timer for items listed on Plopsy was not appearing.
- Haunted House Residential Lots will now enjoy the presence of Dust Bunnies and Fiends if Simmers also have Bust the Dust. Dust Bunny goes Boooooo.
Bust the Dust
- Your Sims had a lot of things to do today, but you know what they did instead? They Vacuumed the Lot. It was a really good clean. Cooking? Vacuumed the Lot. That Gig? Vacuumed the Lot. What about those push ups? Vacuumed the Lot. Reading? Vacuumed the Lot. Looking at this bug? We made time for that. The end of this bug? Released with this Patch. Sims will no longer randomly drop their queued tasks for Vacuuming.