The latest Laundry List for The Sims 4 has been published – and it is definitely more substantial than the previous editions. Fair to say that it is growing into itself, so to speak.
The Sims 4 launched the Laundry List in February, aiming to keep players more up to speed with what the team is working on ahead of the next game patch. And this month there will be not just one game patch, but two, according to the Laundry List.
No date or dates were given for the Sims 4 base game updates coming in May 2021, however, The Sims 4 Courtyard Oasis Kit is set to be released on 18 May 2021 and there will be a “Sims summer line-up” announcement the day before.
One of the issues The Sims 4 team already confirmed they were working on is changes to the recently updated Hates Children Sim trait. That will only come with the second Sims 4 update this month, though, which is likely to follow towards the end of May, possibly ahead of a new Game Pack, which was confirmed, but the theme had not yet been announced at the time of writing.
Sims 4: Latest Laundry List for May 2021
Below follows the official May 2021 Sims 4 Laundry List. It is shared verbatim as published by The Sims team and edited only for style and brevity where required.
Welcome to the Laundry List where we’ll share a list of the top community concerns that we’re currently investigating and hope to have resolved in the upcoming patch.
These concerns were reported by players who help us continue our work of improving the user experience on a regular basis.
Please note that some topics can be tricky and require an extended investigation on our end, so even though we are actively investigating it’s not a guarantee that we’ll have an immediate fix for it in the upcoming patch.
Also note that this is just a list of the “top” concerns. There are more topics that we saw reported by players that are not listed and being worked on.
So, without further ado, here is a list of the top community concerns we’re currently investigating:
For the month of May, we’ll have two updates to the game.
The first one is going to be on the smaller side, but all good things come in small packages 🙂 Here’s the list of the top community concerns we’re investigating for the first game update:
- Videos from drone won’t transfer to video station
- [V] ‘Compel Deep Drink’ action icon won’t clear the action queue
- Base Game Facial Hair ChinStrap Makes Jaw Bigger and Looks Distorted
- [CKK] Counters have broken texture when dirty
- Voodoo doll looks weird after use (in inventory)
- Item texture glitches in laptop mode
The second game update is larger and will follow at a later date this month. Here’s the list of the top community concerns we’re investigating for the second May update:
- Sims cook but don’t autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead
- Sims don’t autonomously eat left-overs
- Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim
- Unable to go to work/school/class/audition
- Sad Sim All The Time
- Fruits and vegetables in toddlers’ inventories
- Resume making potion resets Sim
- Sim stuck at work/school
- [NKSP] Can’t ship on Plopsy
- [JTB] Cantina Door missing from build mode
- [TLSP] Murphy Bed with Loveseat doesn’t have the Relax interaction
- Updating the Hates Children trait
Thanks for all your patience and valuable help! Please continue telling us about any issues you’re experiencing on Answers HQ, we’ll continue to work on improving our transparency, and together we can make this game the best that it can be. Happy Simming!