Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Manchester City and Chelsea meet at the Etihad Stadium for a momentous English Premier League clash on Saturday.
The home side will be crowned EPL champions if they can seal three points, putting them out of reach of neighbours Manchester United in the bid to steal the honours back from north west rivals Liverpool.
Thomas Tuchel’s visitors, meanwhile, are scrapping to seal a top four finish ahead of their London foes Tottenham and West Ham.
It’s a game given even further bite thanks to the pair sealing an all-English Uefa Champions League final meeting in Istanbul.
While City are on the brink of completing the continental dream of their oil-rich owners, it’s all eyes on reclaiming the Premier League title this weekend after a staggering run of domestic form.
Pep Guardiola’s men have lost just twice in their last 26 league fixtures since November, rocketing up the top half to dominate the rest, at the same time as Liverpool’s title defence fell apart.
A shock home loss to dangerous Leeds a couple of weeks ago forms half of the negative column.
But wins on the road at Aston Villa and Crystal Palace since then have taken them to the brink of glory.
John Stones is suspended for the hosts, who will likely opt for Frenchman Aymeric Laporte in the defender’s place.
Rodri and Joao Cancelo are among those jostling for starting places on the big day, with no major injury concerns to speak of.
Chelsea have won three of their last four unbeaten games in the EPL, keeping themselves three points clear of surprise package West Ham in fifth.
Victory by the only goal at the London Stadium a fortnight ago did no harm at all, with the Blues following it up with a routine three points against neighbours Fulham at Stamford Bridge.
Tuchel’s men went on to see off European royalty Real Madrid in the UCL semi-finals in midweek, giving them two shots at toppling the mighty City.
Mateo Kovacic is nearing a return to action following his spell on the sidelines, although this weekend may just come too soon.
Cesar Azpilicueta is also a doubt with Tuchel, like his counterpart, left to contemplate some squad rotation following their knockout exertions.
Manchester City vs Chelsea: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Manchester City has picked up 12 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Manchester City has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Manchester City has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- It’s possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 9 games for Manchester City ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Manchester City has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 18 occasions.
- Manchester City will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Chelsea, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 4 and drawn 0
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Manchester City has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/34 games for Manchester City this season.
- It’s likely that Manchester City will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Chelsea has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Chelsea away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 7 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Momentum is really building for Chelsea as they have now gone 4 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Chelsea has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 6 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 18 occasions.
- Chelsea will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Manchester City, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Chelsea has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 13/34 games for Chelsea this season.
Stats source: Footystats.org
Manchester City vs Chelsea: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Manchester City vs Chelsea: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Manchester City Starting XI: Ederson, Joao Cancelo, Ruben Dias, Aymeric Laporte, Benjamin Mendy, Rodrigo, Ilkay Gundogan, Riyad Mahrez, Kevin de Bruyne, Phil Foden, Sergio Aguero.
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Kurt Zouma, Thiago Silva, Antonio Rudiger, Reece James, Jorginho, N”Golo Kante, Marcos Alonso, Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic, Kai Havertz.