Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Manchester United will seal a second-placed English Premier League finish with a match to spare, if they can seal victory at home to relegated Fulham on Tuesday.
The title-winning party of noisy neighbours Manchester City notwithstanding, it’s been a season to be proud of for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his charges as they eye return to the top of the domestic game.
Back-to-back Old Trafford defeats at the hands of Leicester and bitter rivals Liverpool, though, have left them with work to do going into the final week.
The Foxes, crowned FA Cup champions at the weekend, are still poised to pip the Red Devils on the podium if they slip up in the final two rounds of fixtures.
Forward-thinking duo Anthony Martial and Daniel James continue their respective spells on the sidelines, leaving Edinson Cavani likely to lead the line here.
Harry Maguire is also missing at the back, while Eric Bailly is doubtful after hobbling off against Liverpool.
Phil Jones won’t play but keeper David de Gea might, with the Spaniard likely needing a tune up ahead of featuring in the Europa League final.
Fulham have tumbled back out of the top flight for the second time in three seasons and have lost seven of their last winless eight in the Premier League.
Coach Scott Parker has been unable to engineer an escape from the jaws of relegation with just five wins all campaign.
A 3-1 defeat on the road at Southampton was their latest failure at the weekend, with the Cottagers looking for inspiration from their last trip to the north west in March, when they pulled of a 1-0 heist at Liverpool.
Mario Lemina could return for the visitors, who are missing the injured Terence Kongolo.
Doubts persist around the fitness of both Tom Cairney and Antonee Robinson.
Manchester United vs Fulham: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Manchester United has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Manchester United has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Fulham’s defence will have to be at their best today if they’re to stop Manchester United from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 12 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 3 games involving Manchester United has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Fulham get in on the action today? There has been a total of 17 goals in the last 5 games for Manchester United, both home and away.
- In the last 5 matches for Manchester United, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 22 matches (61% of all matches) involving Manchester United has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Fulham has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Fulham has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Fulham turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Fulham recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Fulham has fired blanks in 17 games this season. That’s 49% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Fulham has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/35 games for Fulham this season.
- Fulham will need to improve their attack if they’re to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 2 times and overall this season they have scored 0.71 goals per game.
Stats source: Footystats.org
Manchester United vs Fulham: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Manchester United vs Fulham: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Manchester United Starting XI: David de Gea, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Axel Tuanzebe, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw, Paul Pogba, Scott McTominay, Mason Greenwood, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Edinson Cavani.
Probable Fulham Starting XI: Alphone Areola, Kenny Tete, Joachim Andersen, Tosin Adarabioyo, Fabio Carvalho, Harrison Reed, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, Bobby de Cordova-Reid, Josh Onomah, Ivan Cavaleiro, Josh Maja.