Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Chelsea are on the hunt for an instant return to English Premier League form when they go to Crystal Palace for a London derby on Saturday.
The evening kick off at Selhurst Park sees the pair meet with the visitors attempting to break back into the top for of the EPL.
They do so having crumbled to an eye-watering, 5-2 loss at home to relegation candidates West Brom at Stamford Bridge last weekend.
It left boss Thomas Tuchel scratching his head following a first domestic defeat of his reign, not to mention Antonio Rudiger’s training ground bust up with back up keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga the next day.
The Blues start the weekend fifth in the Premier League table, a point behind London rivals and surprise package West Ham, with Leicester another four points up the road in third.
Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton, meanwhile, are among those breathing down the neck of the west London club.
A red card for Thiago Silva set them on the road to self-destruction last weekend, with the veteran defender now banned for the Selhurst Park trip.
Tuchel’s side fared much better in the Champions League quarter-finals in midweek, pulling off a 2-0 first leg victory at FC Porto.
N’Golo Kante and Christian Pulisic came off the bench at the Estadio do Dragao and are candidates to start here.
The Eagles are just about in cruise control as the season heads towards its climax above and below them.
Roy Hodgson’s men have lost just once in their last six, in a run that has pulled them away from any lingering danger and up to 12th in the standings.
They went into the March international break off the back of a sneaky home win against West Brom, before returning with a creditable draw away to Everton last weekend.
A lengthy injury list is something to concern their ex-England coach, though, with Nathaniel Clyne, Nathan Ferguson, James McArthur, James Tomkins and James McCarthy all doubtful to face the Blues.
Mamadou Sakho is definitely ruled out, while Michy Batshuayi cannot face his parent club under the terms of his loan agreement.
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Crystal Palace has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Crystal Palace has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Crystal Palace has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Crystal Palace has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Crystal Palace has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 5 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Crystal Palace will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Chelsea, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 1 and drawn 3
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Crystal Palace recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Crystal Palace has fired blanks in 12 games this season. That’s 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 3 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Crystal Palace has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/30 games for Crystal Palace this season.
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Chelsea has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Chelsea away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Chelsea has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 5 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 15 occasions.
- Chelsea will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Crystal Palace, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Chelsea recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Chelsea has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/30 games for Chelsea this season.
Stats source: footystats.org
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Crystal Palace Starting XI: Vicente Guaita, Joel Ward, Cheikhou Kouyate, Gary Cahill, Patrick van Aanholt, Jordan Ayew, Luka Milivojevic, Jairo Riedewald, Eberechi Eze, Christian Benteke, Wilfried Zaha.
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Antonio Rudiger, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Mateo Kovacic, N’Golo Kante, Marcos Alonso, Mason Mount, Hakim Ziyech, Olivier Giroud.
You can find all the English Premier League predictions, fixtures and results for 9-12 April here.