Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Thomas Tuchel takes charge of Chelsea for the second time on Sunday, as they tackle the awkward challenge of Burnley at Stamford Bridge in the English Premier League.
The former Paris Saint-Germain and Borussia Dortmund boss parachuted himself into touchline duty for Wednesday’s draw with Wolves, just hours after being unveiled as the successor to the fired Frank Lampard.
Having had a look at his charges, the German must now marshal a charge from eighth place back up into the Champions League qualification spots, with the Blues seven points adrift and with just one EPL win in their last six.
Tuchel may well spring a surprise or two in the starting line-up, with forward Callum Hudson-Odoi already having deployed at wing-back in midweek.
N’Golo Kante is the only major injury concern for the Londoners, as he edges closer to a return to action in the heart of the midfield.
Burnley are once again plotting a course to Premier League survival under the wily charge of Sean Dyche, having won three of their last five.
Wednesday night’s home success over Aston Villa will have been just as gratifying for the grizzled boss as the previous midweek’s smash-and-grab raid at faltering champions Liverpool.
The Clarets come into the weekend 15th in the table but a handsome nine points clear of the relegation zone.
Charlie Taylor and Josh Brownhill are both doubtful for the trip to the capital, with the latter likely to be replaced by former Chelsea midfielder Jack Cork, who would make his first start of the campaign.
Chelsea vs Burnley: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Chelsea has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Burnley’s defence will have to be at their best today if they’re to stop Chelsea from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- In the last 5 matches for Chelsea, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 9 matches (47% of all matches) involving Chelsea has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Burnley has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Burnley has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Burnley recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Burnley has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That’s 56% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Burnley has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 4/18 games for Burnley this season.
Stats source: footystats.org
Chelsea vs Burnley: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Chelsea vs Burnley: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Antonio Rudiger, Thiago Silva, Ben Chilwell, Mason Mount, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Timo Werner, Christian Pulisic.
Probable Burnley Starting XI: Nick Pope, Matthew Lowton, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Erik Pieters, Robbie Brady, Ashley Westwood, Jack Cork, Dwight McNeil, Chris Wood, Jay Rodriguez.