Latest EPL standings as well as fixtures and results are found below the predictions.
Chelsea continue their top four tilt in the English Premier League on Saturday when they host west London rivals Fulham at Stamford Bridge.
It’s been a pleasing week for the Blues, who are among the ‘big six’ clubs attempting to move swiftly on from the PR disaster that was their part in forming a bungled, breakaway European Super League.
A win by the only goal across the capital at high-flying West Ham last weekend could prove critical in the race for Uefa Champions League qualification.
Speaking of which, Thomas Tuchel’s side also pinched an away goal in midweek, as they drew with Super League ringleaders Real Madrid in their Champions League semi-final first leg.
It’s impressive stuff for the German coach, who has overseen a real rise in both fortunes and standards since his arrival in England.
They come into the EPL weekend three points clear of the Hammers in fifth, with recovering Leicester four points up the hill in third place.
Midfielder Mateo Kovacic remains the only serious injury concern for the home side, although they are highly likely to switch things up at the midpoint of their continental tie.
Thiago Silva and Cesar Azpilicueta could be in line for a breather at the back, with forward-thinking duo Christian Pulisic and Timo Werner also candidates for a rest.
Time is not a friend of Fulham as they scramble to avoid relegation back to the Championship for the second time in three seasons.
The Cottagers start the weekend seven points adrift of safety with five games left to play.
Scott Parker’s men did at least curtail their miserable losing sequence last weekend when they sealed a point away to fellow London club Arsenal.
On loan Ruben Loftus-Cheek will be barred from facing his parent club at the Bridge, with Tom Cairney also absent from the visiting midfield thanks to injury.
Terence Kongolo is missing, too, while Kenny Tete is still on his way back having tested positive for Covid-19.
Chelsea vs Fulham: By the numbers
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Chelsea has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Chelsea has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- Chelsea has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 6 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 17 occasions.
- Chelsea will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Fulham, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Chelsea recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Coming into this game, Fulham has picked up just a single point from the last 5 games, both home and away. That’s 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Fulham has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Fulham turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with one draw and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Fulham recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Fulham has fired blanks in 15 games this season. That’s 45% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 3 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Fulham, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 14 matches (42% of all matches) involving Fulham has seen BTTS landing.
Stats source: FootyStats.org.
Chelsea vs Fulham: Prediction
Prediction methodology explained: The expected win percentage is based off publicly available odds. For example, if a team’s odds are 2.30, the expected chance of winning is 43%. If the odds are 1.62 the expected chance of winning is 62% and so on. These are accurate at the time of writing but are subject to change. Where there is no value listed, the odds were not available at the time of writing.
Chelsea vs Fulham: EPL starting XI prediction
Probable Chelsea Starting XI: Edouard Mendy, Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen, Antonio Rudiger, Reece James, Jorginho, Mason Mount, Marcos Alonso, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Hakim Ziyech, Kai Havertz.
Probable Fulham Starting XI: Alphonse Areola, Ola Aina, Joachim Andersen, Tosin Adarabioyo, Bobby De Cordova-Reid, Harrison Reed, Mario Lemina, Antonee Robinson, Ademola Lookman, Ivan Cavaleiro, Josh Maja.